|Title:||Chief Financial Officer (CFO)- Full Time|
|Department:||Administration - 900|
|Location:||Phenix City, AL|
Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital is looking for an experienced CFO for a Full Time position.
Position Goal: The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) directs the financial activities as well as other department activities in accordance with defined hospital policies and objectives. Directs the preparation of hospital statistical reports, budgets and financial reports.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures. Provides formal or informal direction in data processing distributed systems and material management functions. Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analyses, resources availability analysis, and cost benefit analysis of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospital’s long and short range plans and objectives. Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses. Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists directors/managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital. Identifies and report undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit. Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital. Presents these reports to the administrative team and JHMH Board of Directors.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based upon knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data and associated reports required by government and other regulating agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third-party Payor cost reports.
- Oversees and maintains accounting internal control and other business office systems and procedures assuring uniform and correct internal reporting.
- Tracks reporting of receivable management ensuring timely receipt of payment on patients’ accounts. Any issues identified are reported to the System CFO and/or the Chief Revenue Cycle Officer.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and remains current on Medicare regulations and cost report maximization techniques. Responsible for accurate and up-to-date accounting and statistical records for all reimbursement areas.
Experience: Four-Six years experience in Hospital Administration preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or equivalent experience required. MBA, MHA and CPA preferred.
Special Qualifications: Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software; working knowledge of accounting principles and functions; ability to compile financial statements, reports and analysis; excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to lead and manage a group of employees.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.